What is the Training Peaks training log?
Training Peaks is an online training log used by a variety of athletes—from novice to elite—to monitor, track and analyze training. In addition to recording workouts, it allows you to receive automated emails of scheduled workouts, directly upload data from your training devices (e.g. heart rate monitor, GPS), and map training routes.
Basic Training Log Features
- Log exercise and meals
- Track daily metrics (weight, sleep, stress…)
- Basic analysis of workouts, meals and metrics
- Upload workouts from 80+ training devices
- Map, upload and record routes
- Share workouts and routes to Facebook, Twitter and email
- Interactive dashboard and journal
- Mobile access (iPhone, Blackberry and others)
What are the costs for a Training Peaks account?
A basic account is free, and it includes all the features listed above. The free basic account is ideal for athletes interested in tracking their training or following an Alp Fitness training plan.
A premium account—which includes additional features and no ads—can be purchased through Training Peaks for $9.95 to $19.95 per month depending upon the length of the subscription. You can upgrade or downgrade at any time once you’ve established your basic account.
What is the difference between the free basic account and the premium account?
The most important difference is that the premium account allows you to move and change future workouts to make adjustments to your training schedule as needed. This is particularly beneficial for self-coached or do-it-yourself athletes who require planning capabilities.
In addition to all of the basic features, the premium account includes:
- Calendar sync to iCal, Outlook, Google, etc.
- Enhanced analysis of workouts, meals and metrics
- Schedule future exercise and meals
- No advertising
- VirtualCoach race season planning
- Build an Annual Training Plan (ATP)
- Basic strength exercise videos
- Routes history and race tracking